LT 001 | Erin Cafaro Mackenzie – Remember to Play
Erin Cafaro Mackenzie is a two-time Olympic Gold Medalist and seven time United States National Team Member. Erin is a Modesto, California native and attended the University of California at Berkeley.
Erin was named US Rowing’s Female Athlete of the Year in 2009 and World Rowing Female Crew of the Year in 2008 and 2009.
Here’s what you will hear in this amazing episode:
- Erin’s journey from high school basketball to collegiate rowing
- Her college career at Cal Berkeley
- What’s most important to be successful at collegiate rowing and beyond
- The importance of having a social life to bring balance to your college experience
- How experience is the best teacher
- Winning…and what it means to be the best at something
- Remembering to Play
- Crossfit Endurance
- Strength Training for Rowing
- Erin’s Moonlight Tour for Rowing
- Skill Practice
- Laird Hamilton
- and much more!
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated to help the show grow.