LT 031| Bob Kaehler – The Body Band-It
In Episode 031 of the LEO Training Podcast I interview physical therapist, 3x US Olympian and 4x World Champion, Bob Kaehler. Bob and I discuss a ton of topics focused around rowing as well as his experiences on the national team training under three different coaches.
Bob has also invented a piece of training equipment called the Body Band-It. This tool helps teach individuals spine control and how to develop strength and power.
Here is what you will learn in this episode:
- Bob’s entry point into athletics at 9 years old
- Rowing in college at Rutgers and pursuing physical therapy
- His work in a hospital and a physical therapy clinic
- His thoughts on weight training and the results it provided
- Bob’s success training under 3 different national team coaches: Igor Grinko, Mike Spracklen, and Mike Teti
- Why control of the trunk system is so important
- The Body Band-It system and how it mimics what your spine does
- and much more!