LT 034 | Brett Jones – Applied Strength
In Episode 034 of the LEO Training Podcast I interview Brett Jones.
Brett Jones is StrongFirst’s Chief SFG Instructor and is an FMS Advisory Board Member. He is also a Certified Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the NSCA. He is based out of Pittsburgh, PA. Brett holds a Bachelor of Science in Sports Medicine from High Point University, and a Master of Science in Rehabilitative Sciences from Clarion University of Pennsylvania.
We cover just about everything in this podcast interview that is just under two hours!
Here’s what you will learn:
- Brett’s roots as an athletic trainer and transitioning into the strength and conditioning field.
- How kettlebells helped Brett rehab from a low back injury
- Brett hit all of his personal records after his back injury
- The Brettzel
- Anatomical and Biomechanical breathing
- Why speed hides and it’s good to move slow!
- Kettlebells from the Ground Up 1 & 2
- The Four Knots
- Why Strength symmetry is important?
- What are pitfalls of the SFG I and SFG II that people run into during training?
- Indian Club Swinging and how it can be a great compliment to hardstyle training
- The Return of the CK-FMS
- and more!