LT 060 | Emily Bearden & Steve Milles – Five Points Academy
Epsiode 060 of the LEO Training Podcast features two coaches from Five Points Academy in NYC. Emily Bearden and Steve Milles are both champion fighters who have had great success rehabbing their bodies through kettlebell training and enhancing performance of their fighters using this modality.
- StrongFirst SFG Level II Kettlebell Instructor
- StrongFirst (SFL) Lift Barbell Instructor
- AFAA certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor
- Post Rehab and Conditioning Specialist with the American Academy of Health and Fitness Professionals
- TRX Group Suspension Training Course Instructor
- Primal Move Coach
- Esquerre Fitness Group Advanced Stretching Techniques
- Asst. Instructor by the Muay Thai International Association
Steve Milles has competitive and coaching experience in muay Thai spanning more than two decades. As a competitor he won a bronze medal representing the US at the International Amateur Muay Thai Federation World Championships in Bangkok, Thailand. After turning professional Steve captured the World Kickboxing Association and International Sport Kickboxing Association US Champion belts as well as the Intercontinental Champion title for the US Muay Thai Association, battling current and former world champions in North America, Europe and Asia. He retired with a professional record of 20 wins, 8 losses and 2 draws. Steve holds the following credentials in addition to his impressive fighting background.
- StrongFirst SFG Team Leader
- Tactical Strength SBS
- FMS Level 1 Functional Movement Specialist
- CICS Indian Club Specialist
- GroundForce Method Level 1 Instructor
Here is what you will learn in this episode:
- Emily & Steve’s background in fighting
- How the kettlebell helped them rehab from injuries and improve performance
- How Five Points Academy integrates strength training with their fighters that are competing
- Before and after effects of utilizing the kettlebell into a fighters program
- Why is endurance important to a fighter?
- Vegan diet as a fighter and its benefits
- and much more!