LT 067 | Dr. Perry Nickelston – Stop Chasing Pain
This podcast interview has a very special meaning for me personally. I got to sit down and interview Dr. Perry Nickelston who is the person who inspired me to start this podcast. He gave me the belief that it was possible and planted the seed in my mind that it was something I could do. I’ve had the privilege of learning from Dr. Perry twice in person. The first time was at the RockTape FMT 1 & 2 Seminar and the second time was at his workshop, Primal Movement Chains. This is a phenomenal interview and was a ton of fun. We cover a ton of ground and we also discuss Dr. Perry’s upcoming book being released later this year.
Dr. Perry Nickelston is a chiropractic physician with nineteen years in the trenches helping people get out of pain. He is the owner of the Pain Laser Center in Waldwick, New Jersey, which specializes in Deep Tissue Laser Therapy for pain relief and healing, and the owner and director of Stop Chasing Pain, an education company dedicated to teaching people how to move better and take back control of their lives from pain. He is an international speaker and teacher on movement, pain, laser therapy, and corrective exercise programs and the creator of the “Primal Movement Chains: Moving Beyond Mobility” courses, which are taught all over the world. He is also a writer and columnist for numerous fitness and health industry publications; a Master Instructor for Rocktape, Neurokinetic Therapy, Functional Movement Screen, and Selective Functional Movement Assessment; and a board member for the AIMLA American Institute for Medical Laser Application.
Here’s what you will learn in this interview:
- Dr. Nickelston’s background and journey as a teacher and clinician
- The story behind the ‘Stop Chasing Pain’ name
- Dr. Perry’s approach to movement, training, and health
- Most common types of pain he sees in his clinic
- Why Stability Rules the Movement Road
- Training stability by making someone more stable not less
- Speed Hides Need!
- Why pain is a protective mechanism and recognizing that movement does not lie
- Primal Movement Chains Workshop
- Stop Chasing Pain – The Book
- Amino Health Care
- and much more!